Thursday, August 07, 2008

Backyard Lizard

I enjoy studying creatures. If I would have understood this earlier in life, I probably would have chosen a different course of study at college. Don't get me wrong, I've never placed myself on the same level as Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter; but, just because I don't know diddly about what I'm filming, doesn't mean I don't have fun watching...and observing.

Angie finds lizards in her flower garden on our deck all of the time. She usually gets my attention and I come running with the camera. Taking photos and making films like this is so easy. But my camera doesn't always cooperate on focusing. You know, these new fool-proof cameras never were tested by me before they hit the market. The only real danger in filming like this is mosquito bites. I never have enough time to put on "Off" before I run outside. So, as your viewing these photos, realize that I've sacrificed my well-being in order to get you the money-shot.


Baby lizard on Meredith's finger


Close up of the same photo


I messed with the ISO and it looks like
it's nighttime, but it's not


Another ISO setting


Extreme close-up

No comments: