Monday, August 11, 2008

Why Is The Sky Crying?


We went to New Orleans on Thursday afternoon because Angie had to register at the LSU School of Nursing on Friday morning. She has decided to earn her Master's Degree in nursing and wants to eventually become a Nurse Practitioner. I'm very proud of her decision, but this is not going to be an easy task. She'll have to attend a class once a month in New Orleans for a couple of semesters; and then, who knows how many times she'll have to go down there?!

Similar to our trip to Baton Rouge last weekend, we turned this trip into a mini-vacation and stayed a couple of extra nights in the "Big Easy." This was our first trip back down there since December 2004, which was pre-Katrina. After Katrina, I told Angie that I'd never go back down there again. I was furious with the lack of leadership on the local, state, and federal level after the storm. Most importantly, I was angered by what some of the local leaders had said. I was intent to shake their dust off my shoes and never show up again. Over the past three years, I've realized that I wasn't going to be able to stick to my plans. There are certain things that you can only do in New Orleans....i.e., Angie going back to school. So, reluctantly, I went. We had a good time and you'll get to see more of our trip on my blog this week as I offer photos and videos from our stay.

Now to the important business of the day. Meredith has officially gone back to Baton Rouge for her senior year at LSU. That means Marky is now the proud guardian of an overgrown lummox. According to Meredith, Duke has a routine; and I have to follow it or else....

First on the "to do" list is the early morning play time. Meredith has been taking Duke out every morning and playing with him. At 7:00 this morning, I could hear him becoming very restless. So, I hopped up and took him out to play.

However, this morning, the sky was crying. I can't remember the rain coming down like this since we've had Duke. He ran out; and, at first, didn't know what to do with the pond in our street. He began by wading through the water. Then, he stuck his nose under the water a couple of times! He was literally blowing bubbles up from under the water! That's when I decided to record the event for Meredith. Truthfully, this is appropriate weather since this is Duke's first day without his mommy. The sky was crying to let everyone know that Duke misses Meredith.

Overall he did fine...he sure can get wet, though. Well, I better go find a mop.

1 comment:

kidcardco said...

I'm just shocked you didn't get out your ski's and have Angie pull you around with the car!