Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!!



I never thought I could do it, but I did. Last year on January 28th, I posted my first blog. At that time, the site was known only as "pard1959". I didn't have a clue that I would enjoy blogging as much as I have though.

Here's the story of how and why I decided to start this silly thing. One night last year, during the run of "Oscar and Felix", my buddy Matt and I showed up a little early for a show. We had a few minutes to discuss stuff before the party began. What you need to know is a "gathering" happened every night in the dressing room. There were eight folks in the cast...6 guys, 2 girls. Each night we would visit, laugh, and eat snack food before the show began. I've never had more fun during a play!

Well, back to visiting with Matt. I quizzed him about a website he had. He told me it was a blog where he posted original cartoons and other humorous items. As it turns out, I had accidentally created the pard1959 blog back in March 2007, but I didn't have a clue what a "blog" was or what to do with it. He explained to me that I could write stuff, post photos, post videos, or whatever I felt like sharing on the Internet. After the show that night, I re-visited my blog and tried to figure out what I could do with it.

Then, before you know it, the show ended, and I still had entertainment energy bursting inside of me. So, I wrote a story about the show and I uploaded three photos. As they say, the rest is history. I can't remember when I officially changed the name of the blog to "The Cutting Edge of Mediocre"; but when the idea hit me, there was no turning back.

I've toyed around with the idea of pulling the plug on it several times during the year. Y'know, trying to post something meaningful or funny 5 times a week can become burdensome. But for now, I'll keep it going. I told Angie that if anything ever happened to me, this would be a cool way to remember some of my life's stories. But in Angie's dry wit, she responded, "Yeah, but most people usually put in the form of a book." Well, I ain't most people. I'm different. I'm a rebel. I swim against the current. I'm the cutting edge...of mediocre.

2 comments:

Laura Michelle said...

So I got curious, and mayeba little sentimental, and I went and read your first post. Does it amaze you just how different things, and people, are?

Kimber said...

Happy Anniversary. ;)