Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Johnny On The Spot

There was trouble in Markyland the other night. Yeppers, all the kids were present when a debate began about which one of the kids gets more recognition on my blog. Deeply offended that I might have slighted one of my chillun, I attempted to put out the fire, so to speak, by reassuring them that each one of them receives equal time on The Cutting Edge.

John was steadfast in his belief that "she, who shall not be named," received more spotlight than he did. So, I jumped on the computer and used the handy-dandy "Search" button on the blog. I typed in each kid's name...one by one...and searched for articles. (By the way, The Cutting Edge will be celebrating one year of boilerplate, vanilla, white bread, plain-jane infotainment in January. You can only imagine how many posts I would have had to peruse.) Well, the initial search revealed at least 20 blogs with a reference to each of the children. There may have been more, but proving that they were equally in at least 20 calmed the storm that was brewing. But then, "she who shall not be named" said that one of the 20 blogs that returned a positive hit for "John" wasn't a blog about John at all. I had referenced a Biblical scripture from the Book of John. So, much was made about John having only 19 and "she who shall not be named" had 20.

I explained to John that I would remedy the situation ASAP. I started taking photos and filming him that night. He didn't respond well to the new-found attention. He acted as if I was standing on his last good nerve. I guess the price of fame takes too much out of the mental pocketbook. Oh well.

So heeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrreeeeeee's Johnny!







No comments: