Sunday, December 28, 2008

Funky Buttloving

Do you remember the movie "Rookie of the Year"? You know, the one with the kid that breaks his arm but winds up being a pitcher for the Cubs? When the movie came out, John and Meredith were 8 and 7 respectfully. The perfect age to appreciate some of the humor in that movie. And yes, I loved the movie too.

One of our favorite parts was when Henry was getting his cast off and the doctor is moving Henry's arm. During the examination, you can hear Henry's arm getting tighter and tighter, similar to a rubber band stretching to its breaking point. Then...all of a sudden...the arm snaps and hits the doctor in the nose. And what does the good doctor say? "Funky buttloving!" We laughed out loud at the movies and we still laugh about it today. In fact, Meredith uses it in her normal day-to-day activities. Take for instance today. We were rearranging her room and she decided to have a "keeper" stack and a "trash" pile. I was helping to sort through the mess. My instructions were these...

Meredith: "If I say 'funky buttloving', put it in the 'keeper' stack. If I say 'sayonaro', put it in the trash pile."

Me: "yessum"

Meredith: (holding a pair of high-heeled shoes) "Funky buttloving!"

Me: (laughing) "I don't know how long I'm going to be able to do this."

I immediately took the shoes and put them in the 'keeper' stack. This went on for an hour or so. It was a tough job, but somebody had to do it. Please believe me when I tell you that she still has a ton of funky buttloving stuff in her room.

No comments: