Saturday, November 08, 2008

Sphere Today, Gone Tomorrow



Today, I ran for 3.1 miles (5K) during my morning jog. I've been running obediently now for over a month. I still walk during the course, but I'm constantly trying to reduce the walking periods. As it stood today, I ran the 5K in 33:04. Of those 33 minutes, I walked for only 2 minutes.

In contrast, I ran my first 5K on October 4 at the Bark in the Park. I finished 82nd out of 90. Not exactly something to shout about. But remember, I was waaaayyyy out of shape when I started exercising back in June. Actually, I had a good shape....round! I'm surprised no one called me "sphere" because I was as round as I was tall.

So, step by step and inch by inch, I making headway. If you see me on the street...pounding the pavement...give me some room. I'm still a little "stacked" in the midsection.

10/04/2008 - 5K - 35:55

11/08/2008 - 5K - 33:04

1 comment:

kidcardco said...

Dang Mark. Not bad. Maybe you and I should run together. I think you could probably beat me!