Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Boat For Sale

One Saturday morning a few months back, I got up early, dressed quietly, made my lunch, slipped quietly into the carport to hook the boat up to the van, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour.

The wind was blowing 50 mph. I pulled back into the carport, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad throughout the day.

I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed. There, I cuddled up to my wife's back...but now with a different anticipation. I whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."

My loving wife of 24 years replied, "Can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that mess?"

I still don't know to this day if she was joking, but I've stopped fishing. Anybody want to buy a boat?

2 comments:

MajorLamont said...

So I guess you didn't get to use your rod and reel? :(

pard1959 said...

No, Angie had me so worried that I decided to keep my lure at home.