Thursday, August 28, 2008

G'morning...It's Five O'Clock

I know I've mentioned that Angie works nights. You're probably thinking, "Whew, that's not for me." Maybe you're right. It's not for everyone, but Angie appears to like it just fine. Over the course of her 16-year nursing career, she has probably worked nights 75% of the time.

Now, I could go on and on about differences between working nights and days. But one thing that always seemed weird to me is waking up and eating supper for breakfast. Angie usually sleeps until 5 PM; and I always try to have a supper...uh, I mean breakfast, waiting. But since she usually eats breakfast...uh, I mean supper, with me when she gets off in the mornings, I typically will prepare a regular meal for supper. It could be baked salmon, couscous, and black beans like we had last night, or it could be something like grilled burgers and chips. It doesn't really matter what I cook, Angie is always happy.

There's one more thing that I would not allow if I were working nights...dogs...dogs in my house...dogs in my bed. Our dogs bark at different things throughout the day. It would drive me crazy, but not Angie. She loves these animals and doesn't mind when they interrupt her sleep. The first time one of these "yappers" woke me up in the middle of a day's sleep, he'd be an outside dog. Oh, but Angie just loves them no matter what.

I'm including a photo to show you an actual wake-up moment. I don't have to say much to Angie to get her up. All I have to do is walk in the room and lean over the bed. The dogs usually do the rest of the work.

"G'morning, honey, it's 5:00. How would you like some red beans and rice for breakfast?"

1 comment:

kidcardco said...

Awww... Mark you look so cute in that picture with Angie... wait. Oh. Sorry man. My bad. ;)