Saturday, July 05, 2008

Snap...Crackle...Watch Out, Pop!

We didn't get to go to the fireworks display at the Ouachita River because of the huge thunderstorm. So, as usual, Daniel, Miranda (our neighbor), and I hosted our own fireworks display. Of course, we waited until the storms had passed; and, of course, we waited until most of our elderly neighbors were asleep. hehehehe We wouldn't won't them to get a peaceful night's rest, now would we? hehehehe

We started around 10:00 P.M. and kept it going until midnight. I filmed a few of the displays to make you feel like you were right there with us. For some reason, I didn't get many loud explosions...I guess because we were usually running from the louder ones. There are some pretty displays on here, though. One thing you won't get to see is the huge smoke bomb that I set off. I held it in my hand and smoked up the whole neighborhood. Daniel thought it was cool, so he asked if he could hold the smoke bomb. He grabbed it from me and started writing his name in the air. Then, all of a sudden, he exclaimed that it was getting too hot to hold. He immediately dropped it and a fire rushed out the back end of the device. It looked eerily similar to napalm. Had he kept it in his hand, I guess we would have spent the night at the E.R. tending to first-degree burns. Fortunately, that didn't happen.

But I did get some pyrotechnics that, hopefully, you will enjoy. So, if you missed the city's fireworks show, sit back and enjoy our version.

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: