Thursday, June 19, 2008

Weeeeee're Off To See The Wizard....



Daniel and I were asked to perform in the Miss Louisiana Pageant. We thought about it for a nano-second and said "YES!" The pageant's theme this year is a combination of the "Wizard of Oz" and "Wicked." Daniel is playing the Tin Man and I'm the Wizard. The neat thing about it is we're performing with some other Strauss stage veterans. Beaux Coleman is the Scarecrow, Jacob Branson is the Cowardly Lion, Peyton Frick and Sam Hewins are playing members of the Lollipop Guild, and Nathan Frick is the Mayor of Munchkinland. By the way, a special thanks to Gayle Frick for getting us the gig. I didn't know this, but Gayle's a former Miss Louisiana contestant.



I've included some photos to whet your appetite. I encourage you to get tickets to the show...it's really good. Or if you can't get tickets, watch the finale on TV Saturday night. Until then, we're off to see the Wizard!

2 comments:

MajorLamont said...

I didn't know this, but Gayle's a former Miss Louisiana contestant.

This statement is useless with pictures.

Cathy Burgess said...

Hope you all had fun. I, of course, didn't watch the Miss Louisiana pagent on TV. But if I'd have known you were going to be on, I would have. The pics are great. Daniel is so cute as the Tin Man.