Saturday, April 26, 2008

Putting Out Fire With Gasoline



I don't have a good reason for making this little film...other than just the joy of video-editing. When I slowed the video down, Angie sounded cat-like. Immediately the memory of "Cat People" rushed into my head. I loved the movie for several reasons. 1) At the time, I had a "screen crush" on Nastassja Kinski. She was showcasing her seductive lips way before Angelina Jolie...and, believe me, I was paying attention. 2) The movie was shot on location in and around New Orleans. In fact, part of the movie was shot at the Audubon Zoo, one of my favorite places to visit. 3) Giorgio Moroder composed the music and I loved his previous efforts in "Midnight Express" and "American Gigolo." 4) The theme song..."Putting Out Fire." Loved it!

So there you go. That's why I did what I did.

3 comments:

kidcardco said...

I never wanted you for a father... until now.

Kimber said...

BOWIE BOWIE that's my Bowie!!! I am David Bowie's biggest fan, and I love that song.
Btw, nice shirt. ;)

pard1959 said...

That shirt belongs to Vinnie. He wore it on stage in Oscar and Felix. I rarely wear it out in public because it's a little loud, if you know what I mean. I went to Johnny's Pizza wearing the shirt and the guy behind the counter asked if I was going to Hawaii. I told him that I wore the shirt as a joke. He shot back, "Did they get the joke?" Yes, pizza man, they got the joke. Now give me my Sweep. 10,000 comedians out of work...and I get stuck with a wise guy.