Thursday, March 06, 2008

Outtakes Now - Real Song Later

Pa (my dad) and I wrote a song over 25 years ago. It's one of Angie's favorite songs that I've written. The lyrics start out with "Cold weather's coming..." which is so appropriate for tonight.

It was my intention to bring the song to you tonight. Unfortunately, I haven't practiced the song in quite sometime and, when the camera was rolling, I flubbed a bunch of times. I found these outtakes to be more entertaining than the song itself. (I actually never got all the way through the song tonight without a mistake.)

What's really amusing is the exchange of love and support between Angie and me during the recording session. Angie was "enhancing" her hair at the time and the chemicals just about knocked me off my chair. All of you unmarried peeps need to pay special attention to the shower of affection we afford each other. Don't try this at home...we're professionals...we have 24 years of experience.

3 comments:

MajorLamont said...

I wanna get married! That looks so much fun. What I do like is how your the images on your computer screen keep changing after each cut. Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose. I'll be right back. Don't you go dying on me!

Michael W. Wilkes said...

If you do go dying on us, it's probably because Angie killed you for posting that video. Too funny. Yes, we unmarried folks are paying attention and we're taking notes.

Kimber said...

YOU BIG LIAR!
You said you couldn't sing. Whatever Mark. I'm never going to believe anything you say again. And that was you only 1/2 trying. Work on an album so I can buy it. and ROTFL that was hilarious. Sounds like Tony and I! ;)