Sunday, March 16, 2008

Nobody Said It Was Going To Be Easy

As most of you know, I have three kids. What you may not know is all three are creative and artistic in some form or fashion. John happens to be very musically talented. He plays guitar, bass, and some percussion instruments. Meredith is very talented in art. She won Monroe's juried art competition in 2005 with a self portrait she'd painted. Daniel has always been very talented in theater. He's done over 15 shows that I can remember and the number keeps growing. I give him credit for dragging me into the theater. Had he not gotten a part in "On Golden Pond," I probably wouldn't be involved with the stage today.

I tell you this because there is a cost for having talented kids. Being creative doesn't alway equate to responsibility with the tools one uses in his/her art. Case in point: Daniel loves using the camera. He fancies himself to be a talented photographer. On many occasions, he has been the one helping me film my video blog. But I ran across a video Daniel made back in 2004. Clearly he was experimenting with dry ice. Don't get me started on where he got dry ice...that's another blog and a potential argument with my wife. What I want you to realize is he was using my WORK camera. I take photos of real estate every day and rely on my camera to make a living. Watch the treatment my camera received that day and understand that's just the way it is around here. I never know what to expect when I upload photos to the computer. Well at least you'll know why I buy so many cameras.

3 comments:

Kimber said...

hahahaha! so cute

Cathy Burgess said...

Perhaps you should get a gun safe to secure your camera and/or video equipment. Just kidding.

So, just where did Daniel get the dry ice? I can't wait to hear that story, but I don't want you and Angie to get in an argument.

Have a great week.

kidcardco said...

Yep... that's Mark's kid alright.