Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Learning to Tap

Since I've taken the role of Spats in Sugar, I have to learn how to tap dance. I had my first tap rehearsal earlier this week and wore athletic shoes. Lesson 1: Rubber soles do not make for good tap shoes. A "shuffle" turns into a "stop on a dime." So I couldn't wait to get home and put on a pair of leather-soled shoes to try out my new moves.

Without my knowledge, Angie picked up the camera and started filming. There I was in all of my splendor...boxer briefs, tee shirt, and a pair of wingtips. Lesson 2: Never trust my wife with a camera. You'll be happy to know that there's no "full monty" on this video. I smudged and aged the film enough to present it to most viewers.

Be kind, though, I'm bearing my soles here.

5 comments:

MajorLamont said...

I just don't know what to say. I'm speechless.

Cathy Burgess said...

Sounds like Angie has had some experience with dance. In a production meeting last night Dennis asked Robin what she needed, or better stated, if she had any immediate concerns. Her reply was to get the cast in "dancing shoes"! She didn't mention names, but now I KNOW!

Anonymous said...

I'm too sexy for my tap shoes...too sexy for my tap shoes....

Kimber said...

wooo! more more!

pard1959 said...

Kim, you do mean more tap, right?