Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Welcome To "Who's In His Head Now?"

I hope to accomplish two things with this blog. 1) Let you in on a little secret that only my immediate family knows about. 2) Give Matt some eye candy so he'll shut up.

1) I have a bad habit. I don't know how long it's been going on...my guess is as long as I've been driving. I don't know why it started. I certainly don't know how to make it stop and I refuse to take medication for it. Therefore, I'm going to learn to live with it. Up until now, only my wife and kids have actually seen it. Plus, I waited until the kids were grown before I let them see it, up close and personal. But now, on this blog, I will reveal to the world....I talk to myself while I'm driving.

Oh yeah, sure, everyone talks to himself now and then. You know, we audibly remind ourselves to go to the store and pick up a loaf of bread....or stop and pick up the laundry at the cleaners. Sometimes we'll count out loud if we're faced with a math problem. We'll sing along with the radio. (My guess is Stephanie and Michael are singing Garth Brooks' songs right now.) Most times it's under the breath, though, and sometimes it's a silent monologue.

But me, I'm different....and it usually appears when I'm alone...in the car. I have conversations. There, I said it. It's out there...I said it. Now get over it. I have conversations...multiple character conversations...all for my own amusement. I try to make myself laugh. Sometimes I surprise myself with something really funny. Most times, though, it's just filler conversation. Well, before you go call the funny farm and ask them to pick me up, remember...this is a victimless crime. Since you've never heard any of the conversations, you can't claim that I've harmed you in any way. And who's to say that I'm not helping the planet by emitting carbon dioxide with each laugh?

So much for my argument. I filmed myself driving back from Ruston today. I have only a snippet of the film, but you'll get the gist. Please be merciful...it's a serious problem.

2) Matt has asked me for some eye candy on my blog. I figure that this video will suffice until I find the deck of cards from Oscar and Felix. The four poker buddies had some "special" cards printed with the girls...wink, wink.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark Addison...there should be a disclaimer on that because I started laughing so hard I almost peed myself!!!!!!!! See you and the beautiful wifey today!

Michael W. Wilkes said...

Hahahaha!!!! That makes me want to climb in the back of your van without telling you and ride along. I can just imagine how interesting that ride would be, getting to listen to you. Wait! Scratch everything I just said. I reread that and it makes me sound like a stalker. Sorry, Mark. You're not the type I usually stalk. Now Stephanie on the the other hand... No, I better not say that either. Her head doesn't need to get any bigger. Ha! See you and your boss at lunch today.

kidcardco said...

Your not eye candy Mark... where's Angie? : )

Kimber said...

o my dear lord ok i really needed that today. holy crap LMAO