Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday, sunny Sunday




Wow, was the day gorgeous or what? On my way home from church, Angie called and wanted to know if I wanted to go for a bike ride. Hello??? Does Mike Tyson sweat during a spelling bee?

I changed into some shorts, aired up the bike tires, and off we went. Angie and Daniel had already mapped out the course, so I just went along, not really knowing where we'd end up. As we pedaled through residential neighborhoods, I soaked up the sounds of an old blues album from my iPod. The sun was brilliant and the temperature was mid 70's...quite comfortable. It wasn't long before I realized we were heading for the Forsythe Park. Lots of folks were taking advantage of the pleasant weather and enjoying family time at the park. While we were there, we met a gentleman who had just finished running a 13-mile course. Oh, by the way, he's 65! He looked fit as a fiddle. We struck up a conversation and made a new friend.

Traveling back home, we rode on the levee for a mile or two. It's amazing the natural resources we have right here in the twin cities. I'm afraid we take it for granted so often. I took some photos of the river and Angie and Daniel on the levee. By the way, I took the photos with my cell phone and I couldn't see the display on my screen. So please don't gripe about the amateur framing. Angie says it's because I'm photogr-awful. On a positive note, I took several wonderful pictures of my feet and the bike pedals. =)

Later, I went to a play rehearsal for "Reality Bites Back." This one is going to stretch my acting muscles because we're going to ad-lib some of the performance with the audience each night. As usual, I'll be leaning on my stage-veteran friends for help. Did I mention most of these stage vets are young enough to be my chil... er, I mean...my younger brothers and sisters. Although the cast is not complete yet, this looks like this is going to be FUN!

1 comment:

Cathy Burgess said...

Yesterday was beautiful! Glad you and the family got to enjoy the outdoors. Your phone does't take bad pictures!