Saturday, February 02, 2008

Lazy Saturday



Today has been fun. Hil and I finished the fiddle. Plus, I got to meet some of Hil's friends and even got to play alongside them in jam session.

First, Hil and I glued the fingerboard onto the fiddle and set it aside to dry. Then we went to one of his friend's to show off one of Hil's mandolins. While we were there, I got to sit down and play guitar with some true southern gentlemen...El and Joe. El picked up a guitar and starting playing and Joe joined on the mandolin. As for me, I held a guitar and tried to hang on as the train was leaving the station...if you know what I mean. We played several tunes together, but mostly I was a spectator. But it was great fun and they are such interesting folks!

Back at Hil's, we put the bridge on the fiddle and put on a set of new strings. After a few adjustments, Hil christened it with a song. Sounds great!

Tonight I'm taking my bride to the Strauss Masquerade Ball. Somebody asked me earlier what I was wearing and I told them that I'd be the one in the mask...get it? I'm really looking forward to seeing some of my theater friends. Plus, I know I'll be with the prettiest girl there.

No comments: