Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm Not Giving Up My Day Job

After a couple of longer blogs, I'm going to attempt to shorten this one. I've chosen to deal with a "sensitive" subject again. I beg you to use discretion and don't rush to punish me publicly for my obvious disability.

When Angie and I ride in the car together, she refuses to let me sing. Well, sometimes I start singing and then I get the "look." It's the shut-up-or-bad-things-are-gonna-happen look. I realize that I'm not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I have learned from experience. And when it comes to my singing, Angie means business. Flat out, she does not like my singing. It's not so much my lack of pitch, which is poor. But, instead, it's my inability to stay in time with the song that really grinds her gears. She claims I have a timing issue. I'm convinced it's a memory problem.

Any way you slice it, I'll admit it does sound awful now that I've had a chance to watch the video. Oh well, I wasn't planning on giving up my day job any time soon.

5 comments:

Kimber said...

o.m.g. That's it. I want MY day job to be to ride in your car whenever you are in it. Mark you seriously have to do these all the time. Holy crap. Lmao.
And I KNOW! What in the world. I wasn't out of bread , only PB. There are very few times I'm out of PB! I usually buy 2 at a time just in cases. Sigh. And That is a VERY good question. Because I am very adamament about the brand. ONLY JIF man, ONLY JIF. There is no other. All other brands are dead to me.

Cathy Burgess said...

ROFL! That was funny!

Anonymous said...

Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Mark, if you did quit your day job to sing, I'd totally go to all your 'car-certs'. You rock!

Anonymous said...

Mark keep doing the video blogs ole Gullahorn would be proud!
Bet you know who anonymous is now..