Sunday, January 25, 2009

See Ya, You Bum!

If it were up to me, guys that make flagrant, disrespectful fouls like this would sit out more than one game. I hope the coach of his team has some cojones and sits him down for a week or more. It makes me wonder if any of these knuckleheads realize that the "big eye in the sky" is watching every move nowadays.

Poor sportsmanship should not be allowed in college competition.



There was another sports story bothered me this week. I read where two Texas high school girls basketball teams met last week and the outcome was 100 to 0. I learned that the victorious team didn't offer an apology until after the story hit the media in Dallas. Covenant, which considers itself a "Christian" school, was up 59 - 0 at the half! Full court presses...3 point shots...are you kidding me? Are you telling me the coach didn't have enough sense to call off the dogs until they had scored another 41 points. I give credit to the Dallas Academy team for not losing their composure. I've coached in games where the other team was clearly outmatched. When it happened, I pulled back the reins. I certainly didn't let the horses run wild. I've also coached the team which was on the other side of a thumping. Thank goodness, I've never had another coach rub my nose in it like that.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=903780


So here's what I've got to say to that player above and the coach of Covenant, "See ya, you bum. You don't belong on the courts."

No comments: