Sunday, October 12, 2008

Why America Should Be Worried

I've seen many elections over my lifetime, and I can honestly say...we should be worried. The audio clip is from a radio show that I don't listen to nor do I respect the "star" of the show. However, he and his crew drove a point home the other day and I thought it was interesting. My fear is that they could have done this to the other candidate's constituency and the results would have been similar. It worries me that too many in America are like dumb, driven cattle...following the herd. Have you ever seen Jay Leno's segment called "Jaywalking"? Some folks can't even name the current president or vice president?!? But guess what? They're voting!

So here's my advice. Don't be a follower...be a student. A follower will follow blindly...just like the people on the radio segment. It surprised me that they don't know what their candidate stands for. In contrast, a student follows a teacher; but the student always maintains an inquisitive mind. He is always sifting through the information...looking for the truth...looking for a better way. By doing so, the student doesn't become another brick in the wall.

3 comments:

Cathy Burgess said...

boy could i post a novella about how i feel about politics in america. i don't listen to media coverage on it either. don't americans realize the media doesn't tell the truth, or stretches the truth. they do whatever it takes to sell newspapers, to get viewer ratings, etc. real scary!!

pard1959 said...

You hit the nail on the head, Cathy.

And here's another question I have...who's watching these "point/counterpoint" shows anymore. It seems like the producers of these types of shows try to put the most polar-opposite guests on so that a "provocative" argument will begin. I, for one, refuse to watch.

kidcardco said...

Kinda makes me want to try the same test around here. I bet we get the same results!