Thursday, October 02, 2008

Slow But Steady

After the Strauss production of "Sugar", I began walking/running and eating smaller portions. Now, after several months, I have lost more than 20 pounds. I'm not through yet. I want to lose another 20 pounds within the next year.



When I started my exercise routine, I could only walk...briskly. Running was out of the question. After a month or so, Angie encouraged me to run one block, walk one block. So I tried. I'm telling you this has not been easy to get this fat body back in shape.

But this morning, I broke another barrier! When I first started running, I set as a goal to complete the 2.7-mile trek in under 30 minutes. We crushed that goal a week ago. But today...Angie and I ran/walked the 2.7 miles in under 29 minutes! That's approximately a mile in every 10.5 minutes. Now, I realize that I'm not setting the world on fire, but it sure feels good to accomplish something that I've been working on for several months. Watch out Usain Bolt...you're next.

Muahahahaha....muahahahaha....muahahahaha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very clever.

kidcardco said...

hmmm... wanna race?

pard1959 said...

Sure, Matt, I've only got about 20 years on you, but I'm game.

But someone will have to administer the race. You know, to make sure that you don't load up on Red Bull or place Megan somewhere on the route holding up Star Wars memorabilia, thereby, making you run faster.

Cathy Burgess said...

It would take me all day to walk 2.7 miles, what with my bum knee and all.