Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Champ and the Chump



I have to brag. My baby, Angie to be exact, won her division in the University Mile race today! How about my girl?!?!

She's been running and training off and on since she was released by her doctor back in 2001. She had to lose more than 50 pounds to return to her pre-illness weight. Most of the weight gain could be attributed to steroids that the doctor prescribed during her illness. For those who don't know about the rare disease Angie encountered, please refer to my blog back in August. Here's a link for those who are interested.

http://pard1959.blogspot.com/2008/08/heaven-must-be-little-like-powdered.html

Now back to my bragging. She ran in this same race last year and finished 3rd in her age group. But not this year! She poured on the coals and won it by three seconds. I've attached a copy of her plaque. Plus, she can now safely say that she...a champ...is married to a chump...me. I'm so proud of her!

5 comments:

MajorLamont said...

That's awesome. Congrats for Angie. Now I've got the Doobie Brothers "running" in my head.

pard1959 said...

I don't get the Doobie Bros reference. Please enlighten me.

Cathy Burgess said...

Maybe Mikey is refering to the Doobie Brother's song "Long Train Running". Congratulations to Angie.

kidcardco said...

GO ANGIE!!!

MajorLamont said...

No. It's their song.."It Keeps You Runnin." It was featured on the Forrest Gump soundtrack.