Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Vet-2B


Is that bottom lip stuck out there
for the bird to sit on?



She speaks the bird's language.


Today, we're having a blue-light special
on wild birds.


The bird's no dummy. He was perfectly
happy on Meredith's finger.


Hey, that lip is still sticking out there.
Do you have an issue that requires a tissue?

I just found some photos that were on my mobile phone. I believe these pics were taken during Meredith's last week at Rundell Veterinary Hospital. (Forgive the out-of-focus photos...I rarely use my mobile phone for pics and I made a mess out of it.) Her mom and I took a cookie cake to them to celebrate the opportunity Dr. Rundell and his staff gave Meredith by letting her work there this summer. By the way, Meredith is a senior biology major at LSU and has applied to go to vet school.

The photos show Meredith holding a bird that someone brought into the clinic. It was a wild bird originally. But thanks to the love and support he received at the vet's office, he's perfectly comfortable around humans now. In fact, one of the employees cares for the bird and takes it home every night.

I hope Meredith is accepted into vet school. When you see someone so gifted in a certain area...especially someone who also has such a great passion for the gift, you want them to succeed. In my opinion, Meredith is one of these people. God gave her a gift of having a heart for all animals. Not to mention, as many critters as we have around here, I need a break on the vet bill. Know-what-I-mean, Vern?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to want to go to Vet school...good for her. It takes a really special person to have the patience with all those animals...I can't take the smell and some of those people do not take care of their animals and I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. I'm happy for her!!!

I posted a new blog...on both blogs. Link for Tales from the Stacks in my link list. Hehe...you're gonna love this...