Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm Trying It


This week marked the beginning of another pard1959 blog. Due to Kimber's persistence, I've decided to try Photoblog for a while and see if I like the format any better. So, three days ago, I kicked off http://www.photoblog.com/pard1959/.

At first glance, Photoblog appears to be more community related in contrast to Blogger. With Blogger, I have this feeling like I'm more stand-alone...like an island in a big sea with tons of other islands surrounding me. However, I don't ever have a sense of connection to the other blogs. I personally enjoy this independence. But there are times when I'd prefer to be connected to friends a little more. Well Photoblog appears to be somewhere in the middle. It's independent but you have friends that you allow to see your blog. Plus I like the ability to write captions under photos.

At any rate, we'll see. I'm giving it a try and see which one inspires me more. So, if you're looking for another surfing diversion, check out my new site. I've already started with a theme that may interest some folks. Similar to The Cutting Edge of Mediocre, I'm trying to offer informative and funny, random info.

No comments: